Hon'ble Mr. Justice Dr. Syed Muhammad Anwer
Date of Assumption of Office : 16.05.2022
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dr. Syed Muhammad Anwer has diverse experience as an advocate, prosecutor and judge. Previously he has extended his legal services as legislative counsel, public policy maker, lecturer at law and legal consultant. He served as a legal expert at various senior management and executive levels in different organizations of public, private, educational, research and development sectors.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dr. Syed Muhammad Anwer appointed as Aalim Judge Federal Shariat Court of Pakistan on 21.05.2020.He took oath as Acting Chief Justice Federal Shariat Court of Pakistan on 16.05.2022.
Doctorate (Ph.D) PhD in Islamic Studies from The Punjab University.
Masters (LL.M) International Economic Law, from Kyushu National University, Japan , as Scholar which is
the Japanese Government’s highest scholarship.
Bachelors (LL.B Honors) International Islamic University, Islamabad.
* Complete Tafseer-i-Quran Course (Daura-i-Tafseer al Quran) from Jamia Sirajia (Rawalpindi)
* Fazil-i-Arabi (Maulvi Fazil)
* M.A in Islamic Studies from Punjab University
* M.A. in Arabic Language and Literature from Punjab University
* M.O.L (Masters in Oriental Learning) from Punjab University
Before taking oath as Judge Federal Shariat Court he remained
- Member Judicial Customs Appellate Tribunal, Islamabad,
- Director Legal at Ministry of Information Technology,
- Chairman Electronic Certification and Accreditation Council of Pakistan,
- Deputy Attorney General for Pakistan,
- Elected President of Islamabad Bar Association,
- Member of Council of Islamic Ideology (CII),
- Jurist-Consult at the Federal Shariat Court,
- Member Academic Board of Riphah Institute of Public Policy of Ripha University.
In addition to the above mentioned posts he intermittently held different other legal positions in the private sector and development sector.
Legal Specializations & International Courses
* Private International Law, The Hague Academy of International Law the Hague, The Netherlands
* International Course on the Protection of Human Rights for Judges and Lawyers; The Netherlands Institute of Human Rights (Utrecht University) and the Hague Academy of International Law, the Hague, The Netherlands
* Diploma in International Trade Law with focus on WTO and Trade Laws, from The Academy of International Trade Law, with the full approval of the Institute of European Studies
Mr. Justice Dr Syed Muhammad Anwer remained visiting faculty of law at different universities. He also sporadically delivered lectures at renowned national institutions like Federal Judicial Academy, International Islamic University Islamabad, Quaid-i-Azam University, PIHR and IPS and many other research and academic institutions on different topics including Islam, Law, Human Rights and Linguistics etc.
Memberships of International Legal Organizations
* Member, International Bar Association, London,
* Associate, International Jurist Commission, Geneva,
* Member, British Institute of Comparative and International Law, London,
* Member World Jurist Association, Washington,
* Member of International Nuclear Law Association Brussels.
National & International Conferences/Seminars/Workshops
* Member Legal of Pakistan delegation for 3rd Trade Policy Review of Pakistan at WTO (an activity undertaken every six years for every country), Geneva, Switzerland
* Speaker at Seminar on Cyber Laws in Pakistan organized by FIA at Federal Judicial Academy,
* Head of Pakistan delegation, Cyber Terrorism, International Conference of Asia Pacific Telecommunity (APT) at Busan Korea. Paper presented on “Defining Cyber Terrorism in the context of Cyber Laws of Pakistan”
* Head of Pakistan delegation & Speaker at Cyber Security Conference of Asia Pacific Region, Delhi India, Asia Pacific Forum. Paper presented on “Cyber Terrorism”
* Keynote Speaker, Conference on e-Legislation and Electronic Banking by Electronic Commerce Resource Center, Karachi. Paper presented on Importance of Electronic Transaction Ordinance 2002”
* Keynote Speaker, Seminar on Telecommunication and Space Technology Laws by Space Institute of Pakistan.