Our world today has changed a great deal with the aid of information technology. Things that were once done manually or by hand have now become computerized operating systems, which simply require a single click of a mouse to get a task completed. With the aid of IT we are not only able to stream line our business processes but we are also able to get constant information in ‘real time’ that is up to the minute and up to date. Keeping in view the needs of modern world Federal Shariat Court has also started automation of all activities being carried out manually in 2008.In the first year Procurement of Hardware Infrastructure, LAN (Local Area Network) Establishments and Automation start from official website and some of business processes of FSC including Case Flow Management System and Human Resource Management System were developed. Some of the features of these Systems are as under:-
OFFICIAL WEBSITE (www.federalshariatcourt.gov.pk)
- In 2007 the Official Website of Federal Shariat Court has been developed and launched.
- In November 2017 start development of the bilingual website with new template.
- In 2018 the Official Bilingual Website of Federal Shariat Court has been launched.
- Availability of Monthly Statement of Criminal & Shariat Cases on Official website for National Judicial Automation Committee (NJAC).
- Availability of Email addresses and proforma for Human Right Cell on Official website.
Following information can also be downloaded from FSC website.
- Brief history of establishment of Federal Shariat Court.
- Chapter 3-A of the constitution of Pakistan (This chapter consist articles of the
- constitution pertaining to the establishment of the Federal Shariat Court, appointment and qualification of judges, jurisdiction etc.
- Procedure Rules of the court.
- Profile of former and present judges.
- Profiles of present and former Chief Justices.
- Leading Judgments of the court (Shariat Petitions and suo moto cases)
- Photo Gallery
- Case Status
CASE FLOW MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Computerized Case Institution
- Searching case record
- Bench Allocation
- Date Fixation
- Checking Case Status
- Case proceedings
- Finding Judgments
- Proposed Cause List
- Report generation regarding pendency, disposal, institution, and offence wise statistics.
- Case Adjournment Application developed to expedite justice.
- Application for District Wise Judgment Search also developed.
- Reported Judgment from year 1979 to 2022 have made online.
HANDSHAKE WEB SERVICES
- Web service for Advocates has been developed successfully.
- Web service for Case Status of FSC Hon’ble Judges in Supreme Court has also developed successfully.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:
- Computerized Information of any Employee of the Court
- Leave Record of the employee
- Seniority list of staff and officers
- Promotion History record of the court staff were entered.
- ACRs of personals were entered.
HARDWARE/ SOFTWARE/ LAN
- To upgrade the IT infrastructure a plan was prepared in compliance of National Judicial Automation Committee in which Phase-I & Phase-II has been completed .
- CCTV Cameras have been installed in the office for monitoring & security purposes. Display has been provided in the office of Hon’ble Chief Justice & the Registrar office for vigilance.
- To improve the IT Skill of Hon’ble Judges, Officers & Staff, a Basic IT Training has been started by IT Branch to best utilize the information technology.
- Federal Judicial Academy has been contacted for Professional Trainings of IT Staff.
- Video conferencing has been established with the Branch Registries using existing IT setup without any additional expenses to discuss official matters from the Head Office, Islamabad with all four Provincial Branch Registries.
APPLICATIONS USED IN RESEARCH BRANCH
The following softwares are used for Research Purposes:
- Shamila Library
- Easy Quran wa Hadith
- Quran e Muajam.
SMS ALERT SYSTEM
SMS ALERT SYSETM started working on testing basis.